Planning a fancy breakfast or brunch for Pancake Day?
Lindt, the master of luxury chocolate, has just the recipe for truly indulgent pancakes that you'll never forget. Follow it below, and enjoy!
|284ml buttlermilk||120ml double cream|
|75ml milk||150g Lindt EXCELLENCE 65% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, finely chopped|
|1 large egg||To Serve|
|1 tsp vanilla extract||1 x jar of Lindt Dark Chocolate Spread|
|150g plain flour||Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, grated into curls|
|1 tbsp cocoa powder||Fresh berries|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|40g golden caster sugar|
|50g butter, melted|
|75g Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, melted|
|Sunflower oil for fying|
- Whisk buttermilk, milk, egg and vanilla extract in a small jug and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add sugar and mix.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk until you have a smooth, thick batter. Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix well. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: pour the cream into a small saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer. Add the chopped chocolate, remove from the heat and whisk until smooth and glossy. Pour into a jug.
- Brush a pan with a little sunflower oil and place over a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, pour batter into the pan and gently spread out to form a small disc.
- Leave to cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip using a palette knife or spatula and cook for a further minute or so until just firm.
- Cook the pancakes in batches, brushing the pan with a little more oil as needed.
- Serve topped with dark chocolate spread, drizzled with the chocolate sauce (reheat if you prefer it warm), a sprinkling of chocolate curls and fresh berries (optional, but advised!)