Looking after the environment and being sustainable in the way we work is incredibly important. Here at Clarks Village we are committed to make changes which reduce our impact on the environment, and we are constantly looking at improving the way we work, with this end goal in mind.
Here are just a few of the ways that we have already started to make a difference:
- 100% of the electricity purchased by Clarks Village is renewable, coming from sources such as wind and solar (it powers public lighting, lifts, car parks etc).
- Last year we recycled 72% of all the waste produced on site and we make sure none is sent to landfill
- 8 of our retailers are signed up to our Refill Me campaign, offering you free refills of water with no need to make a purchase
- We recycle the coffee grounds used at Clarks Village into compost for our landscaping
- Since installing a water fountain at the Grange entrance last year, we have saved thousands of single use plastic bottles being used
- Our award winning gardens are planted with insect friendly shrubs and we have bird houses and bug-hotels to encourage wildlife