Closing Date: 22/09/2019
This is a permanent role, 27 hours per week, working as required by the staff rota of a 7-day working week (Sunday to Saturday). The role will include weekend and Bank Holiday working. Applicants must be flexible in their availability to work in order to provide cover for holidays, absence, sickness and special events.
Overall Job Purpose:
• To assist the Store Manager in driving store key performance indicators by driving sales, driving (in the absence of the manager) and maintaining store standards, supervising the store team, and ensuring Denby company instruction and policy is implemented.
• To deputise for the Store Manager during days off, holidays and sickness, and also act both professionally and as an ambassador for Denby at all times.
• To assist with and perform general store duties such as (but not limited to) housekeeping, stock replenishment, processing of sales, pricing and merchandising.
• To also provide a high level of customer service at all times to set criteria, and also to act both professionally and as an ambassador for Denby at all times.
Role Requirements (not limited to):
• Give a friendly smile and greeting to all customers ensuring they demonstrate a ‘customer first’ mentality at all times
• Keeps up to date with product knowledge advising customers at every opportunity
• To ensure sales are processed in an accurate and professional manor.
• To ensure store housekeeping and merchandising standards as set out by the Area Manager are maintained and actioned as instructed by the Store Manager or Store Supervisor
• To ensure stock deliveries are checked correctly, accurately, and in line with the Retail Operations Manual.
• To be fully involved in, and have an appreciation of, store back office functions.
• To ensure working processes are done in a safe and legal manner as instructed in the Retail Operations Manual.
• To have an appreciation and understanding of stock loss and margin protection in store by ensuring product is priced and sold in a correct manor, administration processes are carried out correctly, customer theft/damages are avoided, products are sold at the correct price using the correct products codes, and any additional discounts reductions are authorised by the Area Manager.
• To be aware of the sensitivity of certain information and to ensure confidentiality in line with company policy and contractual terms and conditions.
For applicants prepared to contribute effectively to the team and able to meet our expectations for reliability and flexibility we can offer good rates of pay and other benefits:
• Our Sales Assistants are paid above the National Living Wage as soon as they reach 18 years of age, which increases for all recognised Bank Holidays
• 33 days (248 hours) holiday per annum for full time employees, calculated on a pro rata basis for part time employees
• Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
• Company Sick Pay Scheme (with a qualifying period)
• Generous Employee Discount on all of our products from day one
• Christmas Vouchers for all staff following a three-month qualifying period
• Employee Assistance Programme
If you’re interested in working for Denby , please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and why you would be right for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line which position and location you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in working for Denby.