Muffins with cream cheese / berry topping
Ingredients (makes 4)
For the muffins:
- 125g flour
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 60g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60ml melted butter
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2 T chopped chocolate
- Butter to grease the muffin tin
For the topping:
- 150g berries e.g. currants, raspberries, blue berries
- 4 tsp. cream cheese
- 2 T powdered sugar
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk the butter, buttermilk and egg with the salt and then work quickly into the flour mixture with a cooking spoon. Finally, fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Grease the moulds with some butter and pour in the dough up to about 2 cm below the rim.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 °C top/bottom heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Use a fork to mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and a few red berries together, making sure to crush the berries well. Add a blob of cream on top of every muffin and garnish with the remaining berries.
Available in store - Clever Baking Muffin Cup Set of 4 RRP £19.90 Outlet price £13.93